Listing your rental property
We strive to make the process of renting out your property with us simple, efficient and stress-free ensuring that your property is well presented and compliant to attract good quality tenants.
If you’re ready to list your property for rent or looking to switch your property management, go here to learn how uncomplicated the process is or call our offices on 08 9301 1111 for a no obligation chat.
Preparing your property for rent
Below is a checklist for preparing your property for the rental market, standard things and a few tips from the Benchmark team.
- Have premises thoroughly cleaned including carpets, windows, window tracks, screens, and window treatments (we can recommend contractors upon request).
- Assure your property is compliant with two RCD’s and adequate number of hard-wired smoke detectors.
- Have lawns mowed and edged, and reticulation sprinklers in good working order.
- Have the property fumigated if pets were residing at the property.
- Have garden beds weeded and well presented.
- Have air conditioning units serviced and filters cleaned.
- Remove all personal belongings.
- Leave rubbish bins emptied.
And don’t forget to
- Notify the Post Office of your forwarding address and redirect subscriptions.
- Advise friends and family of your new forwarding address.
- Advise insurance companies of tenant’s possession.
- Advise your telephone, gas, electricity, and internet providers.
Comprehensive market appraisal to qualify rent return potential and advise on maintenance and presentation.
Manage & Authorise Agreement
Obtaining keys / remotes and provide online landlord portal access for 24/7 access to property information and documents.
We arrange professional photography and advertise across all the major platforms and to our prospective tenant database.
Quality Tenant Selection
Strict tenant screening & background checks presented for approval. Process successful tenant application and complete legal tenancy documents.
Your statements are emailed and funds deposited twice monthly for easy cash-flow management.
Ongoing Detailed Inspections
Written report & photos emailed to you 6 weeks after tenancy begins, then quarterly. Includes daily arrears, routine inspections, maintenance and rent reviews.
Biannual Rent Reviews
We review the rent on your properties every 6 months to assure you're always receiving the top market rental price for your property.
Carried out 8 weeks prior to lease expiry to ensure optimal rent return and smooth changeover to reduce vacancy periods.
Contact us for a free consultation today!
Our friendly team will be in contact with you shortly.
Phone: 08 9301 1111