Alkimos Suburb Report
Famously named after the Greek freighter “Alkimos” this suburb is located in the shire of Wanneroo situated on Perth’s pristine coastline just 40km’s north of the Perth CBD.
Alkimos is a master planned estate located just 2 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes north of Joondalup bounded by the employment hubs of Joondalup and Wanneroo and the locality of Eglinton, Butler and Jindalee.
Alkimos boasts affordable beachside living and a full range of existing amenities and extensive planned facilities and infrastructure including speciality shops, schools, parks and public transport to the Perth CBD which place it well for growth.
With the population in Yanchep, Alkimos and Eglinton growing from around 3000 people in 2006 to 30,000 people (2019) the state government population forecasts indicate that Alkimos will be home to around 118,000 people by 2031.
The recently opened Gateway shopping precinct has a range of amenities and services including retail stores, restaurants, cafes, a pop-up library, childcare and medical facilities, and in the coming years the Alkimos City will experience further developments to provide locals with an array of facilities and infrastructure.
Alkimos Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in Alkimos grew by 2% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is -5.6% (over 5 years).
- There were 85 houses sales in Alkimos in 2019, down from 106 in 2018.
- The median house price as at September 2019 is $400,000.
- Total population: 6,134 (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 October 2019.
- Average rent: $320.
- Gross rental yield: 4.39%.
- Average three bedroom rent: $290.
- Average four bedroom rent: $360.
- Rental vacancy rate: 2.56%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestar.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
- Median house price: $400,000.
- Median three bedroom house price: $336,000.
- Median four bedroom house price: $435,000.
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and realestate.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Alkimos Beach Gateway shopping precinct.
- Pristine Alkimos Beach and Mindarie Marina
- Quinns Mindarie Surf Lifesaving Club.
- Joondalup Arena.
- Brighton Village (Butler).
- Ocean Keys District Shopping Centre.
- Jindalee Shopping Centre and Town Centre.
- Jindalee Medical Centre.
What’s in the pipeline?
Centrally situated in Perth’s northern coastal corridor, the Alkimos precinct will experience of a number of future planned developments to ensure a fully master-planned neighbourhood. Boasted as one of the most sought after coastal suburbs, Alkimos is set to have an exciting future ahead.
- Alkimos central has been planned to provide a number of key services with a specific focus on employment, transport, health, education and recreation. In the coming years, the Alkimos city centre is planned to offer retail shopping, cinemas, cafes, restaurants, boutiques, tertiary education and a hospital.
- The centrally located Alkimos Metronet rail and bus station is expected to be complete by 2021. This project will be a key driver in maximising the potential use of public transport to the northern corridor providing stations to Alkimos, Eglinton and Yanchep.
- Future Alkimos Foreshore will be a vibrant ocean front estate situated adjacent to Alkimos Beach which will be complemented by a specialised retail and entertainment precinct.
- Mitchell freeway extension to Alkimos is planned to start in 2020. The project is expected to create 1200 jobs and will help to cater for expected population growth in Perth’s outer northern coastal suburbs.
*As supplied by landcorp.com.au, alkimos.com.au and communitynews.com.au.
Alkimos is located in the City of Wanneroo, served by the Butler railway line and Wannaroo Road.
- 38 minute drive to Perth CPD.
- Future planned transport links coming soon with the Yanchep Rail extension.
- Just a short drive to surrounding suburbs including: Butler, Jindalee, Eglinton, Carabooda, Nowergup and Yanchep.
- Alkimos Beach Primary School.
- Alkimos Primary School.
- John Butler Primary College.
- St James’ Anglican School.
- Maturing Couples & Families 26.7%.
- Young Families 20%.
- Established Couples & Families 16.7%.
- Average Age: 20 – 39.
- Home Owners: 73%.
- Renters: 27%.
Benchmark has over 12 years’ experience with property management in Alkimos and the northern suburbs. Located less than 20 minutes from Alkimos, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management north of the river, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, go here to see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading Alkimos property management companies in Perth.