Balcatta Suburb Report
Over the last 50 years, Balcatta has transformed into a highly established suburb with an array of parks, commercial facilities, amenities and public open spaces to enjoy.
Residential properties in Balcatta have a European influence made up predominantly of single detached dwellings made of brick and tile construction. Character housing can be found in eastern parts of the suburb.
Life in Balcatta offers a well-rounded suburban lifestyle with easy access to everything you need including two shopping centres, four primary schools and a high school, quality medical facilities, several parks and reserves and an industrial area that provides a hub of employment for the suburb.
Balcatta has performed reasonably well over the last 12 months compared to the rest of WA, with a capital growth of 1.88% although data for the last quarter of 2019 indicates that the capital growth rate has fallen by 1.51%.
Balcatta Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in Balcatta grew by 1.88% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is -2.2% (over last 5 years).
- There were 94 houses sales in Balcatta in 2019, down from 129 in 2018.
- The median house price as at September 2019 is $500,000.
- Total population: 10,382 (Census 2016, ABS).
- Population growth rate between 2011 and 2016 grew by 4% (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au, realestate.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 October 2019.
- Average rent: $345.
- Gross rental yield: 3.72%.
- Average three bedroom rent: $340.
- Average four bedroom rent: $425.
- Rental vacancy rate: 1.92%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestar.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
- Median house price: $500,000.
- Median three bedroom house price: $495,000.
- Median four bedroom house price: $615,000.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Glengarry Village.
- Northlands Shopping Centre.
- Amelia Heights Shopping Centre.
- Richard Gueli Field and Jones Paskin Reserve.
- Grindleford Reserve and Macedonia Park.
- Industrial areas offer significant employment for the region.
What’s in the pipeline?
The city of Stirling’s local planning strategy will guide the future development of Balcatta to make the most out of potential growth opportunities and a rapidly growing population.
- Rapid transit infrastructure plans will help to enhance the public transport system and increase capacity on the existing network. The project will be rolled out in two stages – stage one before 2020 and stage two by 2031. Balcatta will see new rapid transit infrastructure changes that will involve upgrading major bus interchanges and providing faster bus services.
- A proposed East Roselea Structure plan is in review that is intended to reduce the size of the sporting fields in Balcatta to make way for a planned residential development. The East Roselea Balcatta Structure Plan is aiming to provide of a variety of medium to high density residential lots, public open space and a Neighbourhood Centre in the south western corner of the Structure Plan area’.
* As supplied by joondalup.wa.gov.au and watoday.com.au.
Balcatta is located in the City of Stirling, served by the Stirling railway line and Mitchell Freeway.
- 23 minute drive to Perth CPD.
- Easy access to Mitchell Freeway.
- 7 minute drive to Stirling Train Station.
- Just a short drive to surrounding suburbs including: Balga, Hamersley, Tuart Hill, Nollamara and Westminster.
- Balcatta P.S.
- West Balcatta P.S.
- Balcatta S.H.S.
- Saint Lawrence P.S.
- Takarri P.S.
- Our Lady of Lourdes School (Nollamara).
- St Kieran Catholic P.S. (Tuart Hill).
- St Gerard’s P.S. (Westminster).
- Independent Youth 16.7%.
- Established Couples & Families 15.5%.
- Maturing & Established Independence 14.6%.
- Average Age: 20 – 39.
- Home Owners: 66%.
- Renters: 34%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
At Benchmark, we have been providing specialist property management services for properties north of the river for over 12 years. Located just 16 minutes north of Balcatta in Joondalup, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management in Perth’s northern suburbs, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, go here to see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading Balcatta property management companies in Perth.