Burns Beach Suburb Report
Burns Beach is an affluent suburb situated 34kms north of Perth’s CBD on the northern fringe of Joondalup. Framed by beautiful ocean vistas, Burns Beach is a quality master-planned community that offers local residents premium beach side living.
Over the past decade, a number of developments and construction has taken place in the area to help facilitate improved transport links and a growing population. The population is primarily made up of owner-occupiers with only 9% of its occupants living in rental accommodation.
Burns beach offers its residents a relaxed lifestyle in an ocean-side community and all the convenience of nearby amenities including a network of bike and walking paths, several shopping centres, sporting clubs, cafes and restaurants, and medical facilities.
Burns Beach Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in Burns Beach fell by 5.49% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is -2.4% (over 5 years).
- There were 58 houses sales in Burns Beach in 2019, up from 53 in 2018.
- The median house price as at November 2019 is $780,000.
- Total population: 3,372 (Census 2016, ABS).
- Population growth rate between 2011 and 2016 grew by 110% (Census 2016, ABS).
* As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 November 2019.
- Average rent: $320.
- Gross rental yield: 4.36%.
- Average four bedroom rent: $623.
- Rental vacancy rate: 1.25%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au, realestateinvestar.com.au, and CoreLogic as at 1 November 2019.
- Median house price: $780,000.
- Median three bedroom house price: $825,000.
- Median four bedroom house price: $750,000.
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and realestate.com.au as at 1 November 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Kinross Central.
- Currambine Central.
- Ocean Keys Shopping Centre.
- Burns Beach café and restaurant.
- Mindarie Marina.
- Hillarys Marina.
- Ocean Reef Medical Centre.
- Mindarie Keys Medical Centre.
- Carramar Golf Club.
- Beachside Park.
What’s in the pipeline?
Expected to complete in 2022, local families will be able to benefit from a new multimillion-dollar primary school in Burns Beach.
The new primary school will be built on Bramston Vista during 2020 – 21 to support the growing community in the Burns Beach and local surrounds.
The 2017-18 WA Budget included $465 million to build new primary schools and a secondary college, performing arts centres and redevelop ageing secondary schools across WA.
This investment in school infrastructure will create jobs for Western Australians and ensure students are learning in facilities that meet modern education needs.
Burns Beach is located in the City of Joondalup, served by the Butler railway line.
- 29 minute drive to Perth CPD.
- Easy access to the Mitchell Freeway and Currambine Train Station.
- Bounded by Marmion Avenue and Burns Beach Road.
- Just a short drive to surrounding suburbs including: Iluka, Ocean Reef, Currambine, Connolly and Joondalup.
- Kinross College.
- Kinross Primary School.
- Ocean Reef Senior High School.
- Francis Jordan Catholic School.
- Future Burns Beach School (2022).
- Established Couples & Families 37.9%
- Older Couples & Families 15.2%
- Maturing Couples & Families 13.8%
- Average Age: 40 – 59
- Home Owners: 91%
- Renters: 9%
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 November 2019.
At Benchmark, we have been providing specialist property management services for properties north of the river for over 12 years. Located just a short drive south of Burns Beach in Joondalup, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, go here to see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading Burns Beach property management companies in Perth.