Burswood Suburb Report
Burswood is a lively suburb situated within the inner-city ring of Perth predominantly associated with its entertainment and recreational facilities.
Life in Burswood for local residents is lively and energetic with the most notable attraction being the newly developed Crown Perth Casino and Hotel. With an array of bars, restaurants, hotels, function rooms, and of course the casino, Crown Perth has become an iconic fixture for Burswood for both local residents and visitors.
Recently, Burswood has become home to the new Perth Stadium, a 60,000-capacity oval that opened early 2018 and has already hosted a number of high-profile sporting and concert events.
The local population is made up of an even spread of owner occupiers and renters. With a close proximity to the CBD and great transport links, Burswood attracts a good mix city-side professionals and young independence seeking the high-rise apartment lifestyle.
Burswood is also home to an abundance of major amenities and attractions including the Belmont Park Racecourse, Burswood Park Golf Course, Burswood Outdoor Cinema, Burswood Water Sports Centre and the State Tennis Centre.
Burswood Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in Burswood fell by 22% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is 1.5% (over 5 years).
- There were 13 houses sales in Burswood in 2019, up from 12 in 2018.
- The median house price as at November 2019 is $850,050.
- Total population: 2,365 (Census 2016, ABS).
- Population growth rate between 2011 and 2016 grew by 15% (Census 2016, ABS).
* As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 November 2019
- Average rent: $440.
- Gross rental yield: 3.43%.
- Rental vacancy rate: 5.44%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au, realestateinvestar.com.au, and CoreLogic as at 1 November 2019.
- Median house price: $850,050.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au as at 1 November 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Centro Victoria Park.
- Crown Perth casino and hotel complex.
- State Tennis Centre.
- Belmont Racecourse.
- Perth Stadium.
- Popular waking and cycling trails along SWAN River.
What’s in the pipeline?
The Burswood Peninsula District Structure Plan was released in 2015 with the development including the new Perth Stadium, expanded public transportation facilities, the new Crown Towers Hotel, further residential and commercial development and increased public open space and amenity.
The long-term vision for the Burswood Peninsula is to create a vibrant and sustainable urban setting with a diverse mix of housing, recreation, entertainment and employment opportunities.
Still on the horizon is the $3.8 billion-dollar redevelopment of the Belmont Park raceway. The first residents in the development’s 1500-apartment stage one is expected to move in by 2020 with the 20-year project expected to generate 25,000 jobs and inject $10 billion into the economy over its lifetime.
The first stage of the development will include 6000 sqm of supporting retail and 20,000 sqm of commercial space. There is expected to be 4500 residential apartments built on the peninsula by the time the project reaches completion.
Burswood is located in the Town of Victoria Park, served by the Armadale railway line.
- 11 minute drive to Perth CPD.
- Victoria Park and Burswood train stations.
- Bounded by the Great Eastern Highway and Graham Farmer Freeway.
- Just a short drive to surrounding suburbs including: Lathlain, Victoria Park, Rivervale, Belmont and East Perth.
- Perth Montessori School.
- Holy Name School.
- Norte Dame School.
- St Clare’s School.
- St Augustine’s School.
- Ursula Frayne Catholic College.
- Independent Youth 24.5%.
- Maturing & Established Independence 20%.
- Older Independence 16.2%.
- Average Age: 20 – 39.
- Home Owners: 51%.
- Renters: 49%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 November 2019.
At Benchmark, we have been providing specialist property management services for properties north of the river for over 12 years. Located in Joondalup, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, go here to see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading Burswood property management companies in Perth.