Butler Suburb Report
Located 38km North West of Perth, Butler is ideally located between the beach and Mitchell Freeway, giving its residents and workers, a balanced lifestyle suited to families, couples or singles.
The Butler train station is currently the end of the line for the Joondalup train line but current developments to extend the train line are bringing new developments to Butler and the surrounding areas.
Butler offers several shopping and retail areas including the Kingsbridge Boulevard retail and restaurant strip leading to the Cornerstone Ale House and Brighton Village Shopping area.
Butler locals enjoy diverse entertainment and leisure offerings from at the Kingsbridge Park that includes an amphitheatre, tennis club, skatepark, cricket club and Butler community centre.
- Capital growth in the median house price in Butler fell by 4.4% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- The average annual growth rate is -3.6% (over last 5 years).
- There were 142 houses sales in Butler in 2019, down from 166 in 2018.
- The median house price as of September 2019 is $359,500
- Total population: 13,265 (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 October 2019.
- Average rent: $310.
- Gross rental yield: 4.34%.
- Average three bedroom rent: $290.
- Average four bedroom rent: $350.
- Rental vacancy rate: 2.82%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestor.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
- Median house price: $359,500.
- Median three bedroom house price: $316,250.
- Median four bedroom house price: $420,000.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Butler Community Centre.
- Butler Train Station.
- Butler Central Shopping Centre.
- Brighton Village Shopping Centre.
- Kingsbridge Park.
- 4 minute drive to the beach.
What’s in the pipeline?
Butler continues to grow with its population and the extension of the Joondalup train line brings new developments in Butler and the surrounding areas.
- Construction is underway for new Butler North Secondary School (now called Alkimos College) that is scheduled to be finished in late 2019 and will be open in 2020.
- Work will begin in late 2019 to extend the Joondalup train line past Bulter, through Alkimos and Eglinton to finish at Yanchep.
- New city centre to be developed at Alkimos.
- Upgrade of the train depot between Clarkson and Butler stations.
*As supplied by det.wa.edu.au and metronet.wa.gov.au
Butler is located in the in the City of Wanneroo, served by Mitchell Freeway and the Joondalup railway line.
- 33 minute drive to Perth CBD.
- Local bus services available to Butler Train Station.
- Butler Train Station is on the Joondalup train line and provides direct service to Perth CBD and other stops along the Mitchell Freeway.
Butler is home to several primary and secondary schools with a new high school campus currently under construction and scheduled to open in 2020.
- Butler Primary School.
- East Butler Primary School.
- Brighton Catholic Primary School.
- Irene McCormack Catholic College.
- Butler College.
- John Butler Primary College.
- Maturing Couples & Families 31.6%.
- Establish Couples & Families 20.%.
- Young Families – 13.0%.
- Older Couple & Families 10.6%.
- Average Age: 20 – 39.
- Home Owners: 65%.
- Renters: 35%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Benchmark has over 12 years’ experience with property management in Butler and the northern suburbs. Located only minutes from Butler, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
Talk to us today for a free Butler property management consultation for your rental property and find out why Benchmark is a leading Butler property management company.