Carramar Suburb Report
Carramar was the former site of a sand and limestone quarry but has been redeveloped in recent decades to welcome an influx of residential properties and modern amenities.
Located 29km North East of Perth CBD, Carramar is bordered by Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive, giving easy access to Currambine and Clarkson train stations and Mitchell Freeway.
New residential real estate developments are planned at the former quarry site, offering a combination of large blocks and unit spaces (250m2 to 2,000m2).
With shops, schools, hospitals, golf courses and city life only a short drive away, Carramar offers a lifestyle of waterfalls, wildflowers and bushland with the convenience of arterial roads nearby.
Carramar Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in Carramar fell by 4.7%% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is -1.8% (over last 5 years).
- There were 86 houses sales in Carramar in 2019, up from 81 in 2018.
- The median house price as of September 2019 is $500,000.
- Total population: 7,154 (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 October 2019.
- Average rent: $420.
- Gross rental yield: 4.06%.
- Average three bedroom rent: $350.
- Average four bedroom rent: $428.
- Rental vacancy rate: 1.03%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestor.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
- Median house price: $500,000
- Median four bedroom house price: $500,000
*As supplied by realestate.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- The Kilns parkland with entertainment areas and community centre.
- Carramar Golf Club.
- Carramar Community Centre.
- Carramar Village Shopping Centre.
- Banksia Grove Village Shopping Centre.
- 8 min to Joondalup.
What’s in the pipeline?
The new development of The Kilns promises to bring a boost in population and leisure facilities to Carramar in the not too distant future.
- The Kilns estate off Flynn Drive in Carramar.
- Further development of The Kilns parklands including tennis courts and a wedding ceremony venue.
*As supplied by watoday.com.au and metronet.wa.gov.au.
Carramar is located in the City of Wanneroo, served by Wanneroo Road and the Joondalup railway line.
- 26 minute drive to Perth CPD.
- Local bus services are available to Joondalup Train Station and Joondalup CBD.
- Just a short drive to nearby suburbs including, Tapping, Banksia Grove, Neerabup, and Joondalup.
Carramar is home a primary school and private secondary school with several private and public schools in nearby suburbs.
- Carramar Primary School.
- St Stephen’s School Carramar.
- Tapping Primary School.
- Spring Hill Primary School.
- Banksia grove Primary School.
- Joseph Banks Secondary College.
- Established Couples & Families – 29.6%.
- Maturing Couples & Families – 20.9%.
- Older Couple & Families 18.3%.
- Average Age: 40 – 59.
- Home Owners: 85%.
- Renters: 15%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
At Benchmark, we have been providing specialist property management services for properties north of the river for over 12 years. Located on Davidson Terrace in Joondalup, a few minutes from Carramar, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading Carramar property management companies in Perth.