City Beach Suburb Report
City Beach is one of Perth’s most established and desirable suburbs. Situated only 10km from Perth, City Beach is renowned for its beaches and sweeping views of the coast.
The affluent suburb draws locals and tourists to the stunning coastal suburb that’s beaches are lined with parklands, restaurants and social activities.
New homes in City Beach are luxurious and often two-storey to take advantage of the coastal views.
As one of the most aspirational suburbs in Perth, there is a high population of homeowners with the majority choosing to live in their property.
City Beach Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in City Beach fell by 5.5% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is 1.1% (over last 5 years).
- There were 90 houses sales in City Beach in 2019, up from 80 in 2018.
- The median house price as at September 2019 is $1,672,500.
- Total population: 6,613 (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 October 2019.
- Average rent: $845.
- Gross rental yield: 2.55%.
- Average three bedroom rent: $598.
- Average four bedroom rent: $850.
- Rental vacancy rate: 1.17%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestor.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
- Median house price: $1,672,500.
- Median three bedroom house price: $1,450,000.
- Median four bedroom house price: $1,747,500.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- City Beach, park and restaurants.
- Floreat Beach and nature walk.
- Bold Aquatic Park.
- Reabold Hill.
- Quarry Amphitheatre.
- Wembley Golf Course.
- The Boulevard shopping area.
- Floreat Forum.
What’s in the pipeline?
The International School of WA will close it’s doors in 2020, leaving prime City Beach real estate available for redevelopment. It’s yet to be determined whether the land will be used for a new school or another property development.
*As supplied by thewest.com.au
City Beach is located in the Town of Cambridge, served by West Coast Highway, Oceanic Drive and The Boulevard.
- 14 minute drive to Perth CBD.
- Local bus services available to Perth .
- Just a short drive to nearby suburbs including Scarborough, Floreat, Swanbourne and Wembley.
Both the International School of Western Australia and City Beach Residential College are located within City Beach, with it also being home to primary and secondary schools, with several prestigious private schools in suburbs nearby.
- City Beach Primary School.
- Kapinara Primary School.
- Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School.
- International School of Western Australia.
- City Beach Residential College.
- Newman College (Churchlands).
- Holy Rosary School (Doubleview).
- John XXIII College (Mount Claremont).
- Christ Church Grammar School (Claremont).
- Scotch College (Swanbourne).
- Hale School (Wembley Downs).
- Established Couples & Families – 27.6%.
- Older Couple & Families – 21.0%.
- Elderly Singles- 11.4%.
- Elderly Couples – 10.6%.
- Average Age: 40 – 59.
- Home Owners: 86%.
- Renters: 14%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
At Benchmark, we have been providing specialist property management services for properties north of the river for over 12 years. Located in the Northern Suburbs our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading City Beach property management companies in Perth.