East Perth Suburb Report
East Perth is one of Perth’s oldest suburbs and contains several historical sites that date back to colonial times. Nowadays East Perth is admired for its townhouses and idyllic riverside living. Less than 2 kilometres from Perth CBD and Northbridge, East Perth is situated on the banks of the Swan River and faces east towards Perth Stadium.
Filled with restaurants, sporting venues and bars, East Perth provides a lively urban lifestyle with the serene backdrop of the Swan River.
Due to the proximity to the city, East Perth is dominated by apartments and multi-storey townhouses.
The suburb is popular with tourists, travellers and international students as East Perth houses several hotels and the Chinese consulate.
- Capital growth in the median house price in East Perth increased by 31.7% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is 1.9% (over 5 years).
- There were 15 houses sales in East Perth in 2019, down from 12 in 2018.
- The median house price in East Perth as of November 2019 is $1,265,000.
- Total East Perth population: 10,596 (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 11 November 2019.
- Average rent: $480.
- Gross rental yield: 2.34%.
- Average two bedroom rent: $430.
- Average three bedroom rent: $625.
- Rental vacancy rate: 6.28%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestor.com.au as at 11 November 2019.
- Median house price: $1,265,000.
- Median three bedroom house price: $897,000.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au as at 11 November2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Claisebrook Cove
- Perth city
- Gloucester Park
- Matagarup Bridge
- Perth Mint
- Crown Perth casino and hotel complex.
- Perth Stadium
- Popular walking and cycling trails along SWAN River
What’s in the pipeline?
The East Perth Riverside redevelopment by the WA government will see 40ha of land in East Perth, including the WACA, Gloucester Park, Trinity College and the river banks, turned into a cosmopolitan tourist destination and house 7,000 new residents.
The $2 billion East Perth project includes a new urban beachfront on the river with boardwalks, hotels, shops, restaurants and bars.
The East Perth redevelopment will take advantage of the prime river location with the addition of 4,00 new apartments and townhouses.
In coming years, the East Perth riverside precinct will be populated by the nearby Nelson Avenue Bus Stand that will facilitate thousands of people travelling to Optus Stadium.
In addition to the Eat Perth riverside redevelopment, the City of Perth is currently working on a plan to address social issues at Wellington Square.
East Perth is an inner suburb of Perth and is served by the Armadale, Thornlie and Midland railway lines.
- 13-minute train to Perth CBD.
- Free CAT bus to Perth CBD.
- Claisebrook train station.
- Bounded by the Graham Farmer Freeway and the Causeway.
- Just a short drive to surrounding suburbs including Perth CBD, Northbridge, Victoria Park, Burswood and South Perth.
- Trinity College
- North Metropolitan TAFE East Perth
- Independent Youth 37.6%.
- Maturing & Established Independence 17.6%.
- Older Independence 11.4%.
- Average Age: 20 – 39.
- Home Owners: 38%.
- Renters: 62%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 11 November 2019.
At Benchmark, we have been providing specialist property management services for properties north of the river for over 12 years. Located in the Northern Suburbs our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading East Perth property management companies in Perth.