Eglinton Suburb Report
Eglinton is set to be one of Perth’s highest populated suburbs by 2041 with an expected 30,000 residents.
Eglinton is expected to increase its population by 2041 with one of the biggest increases in residential development in the next 20 years. Eglinton will add more than 9,000 new dwellings to increase by a phenomenal 1300%.
In addition to the new homes being built, Eglinton will also receive it’s own train station on the Joondalup line, making Joondalup and city commutes even faster.
Located more than 40km from the city, residents enjoy beach access, parks and a community atmosphere that outweigh the distance to the CBD.
- Capital growth in the median house price in Eglinton fell by 11.9% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is -2.9% (over last 5 years).
- There were 22 houses sales in Eglinton in 2019, down from 30 in 2018.
- The median house price in Eglinton as at September 2019 is $386,250.
- Total Eglinton population: 1,678 (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 October 2019.
- Average rent: $300.
- Gross rental yield: 4.47%.
- Average three bedroom rent: $285.
- Average four bedroom rent: $330.
- Rental vacancy rate: 4.25 %.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestor.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
- Median house price: $386,250.
- Median three bedroom house price: $382,500.
- Median four bedroom house price: $420,000.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Amberton Beach.
- Eglinton Train Station coming soon.
- 5 min to Alkimos.
- 16 min to Yanchep.
What’s in the pipeline?
Huge things are planned for Eglinton in the future, the development of Stockland’s Amberton Beach and Satterley’s Allara estates will bring infrastructure and community facilities.
- $5 million Amberton Beach foreshore lifestyle precinct with beach access and restaurants.
- Proposed adventure playground at Amberton Beach.
- Construction is underway for new Butler North Secondary School (now called Alkimos College) that is scheduled to be finished in late 2019 and will be open in 2020.
- Work will begin in late 2019 to extend the Joondalup train line past Butler, through Alkimos and Eglinton to finish at Yanchep.
- New city centre to be developed at Alkimos.
* As supplied by det.wa.edu.au and metronet.wa.gov.au.
Eglinton is located in the in the City of Wanneroo, served by Marmion Avenue and Wanneroo Road with a new Joondalup railway line station currently under development.
- 40 minute drive to Perth CBD.
- Local bus services available to Butler Train Station.
- The upcoming Eglinton Train Station is on the Joondalup train line and will provide direct service to Perth CBD, Joondalup and other stops along the Mitchell Freeway.
While there are currently no schools located within Eglinton, there are several public and private primary and secondary schools nearby in Alkimos and Yanchep.
- Alkimos Primary School.
- Alkimos Beach Primary School.
- St James’ Anglican School.
- Alkimos College.
- Northshore Christian Grammar School.
- Yanchep District High School.
- Older Couple & Families – 58.3%.
- Maturing Couples & Families – 16.7%.
- Elderly Singles – 8.3%.
- Establish Couples & Families – 8.3%.
- Elderly Families – 8.3%.
- Average Age: 20 – 39.
- Home Owners: 79%.
- Renters: 21%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Benchmark has over 12 years’ experience with property management in Eglinton and the northern suburbs. Located less than 20 minutes from Eglinton, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
Talk to us today for a free Eglinton property management consultation for your rental property and find out why Benchmark is a leading Eglinton property management company.