Innaloo Suburb Report
Innaloo is a suburb set for growth in 2019 and 2020, with recent redevelopments at Scarborough Beach and lavish retail developments at Westfield Innaloo and Karrinyup Shopping Centre, the area will be a popular choice for real estate.
Innaloo is ideally located in between the Mitchell Freeway and Scarborough Beach and is only 10km from Perth city. Residents of Innaloo benefit from being close to both the beach, major retail areas and commercial centres.
On the edge of Herdsman Lake, Innaloo offers nature walks, bike trails and recreational facilities. A popular suburb for couples, families and independents, Innaloo offers the perfect Perth lifestyle.
Innaloo Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in Innaloo fell by 3.6% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual decline rate is -3.1% (over 5 years).
- There were 142 houses sales in Innaloo in 2019, up from 173 in 2018.
- The median house price as at November 2019 is $540,500
- Total population: 8,251 (Census 2016, ABS).
* As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 18 November 2019
- Average rent: $400
- Gross rental yield: 4.16%
- Rental vacancy rate: 2.90%
*As supplied by realestate.com.au, realestateinvestar.com.au, and CoreLogic as at 18 November 2019.
- Median house price: $540,500
- Median three bedroom house price: $515,000
- Median four bedroom house price: $683,000
*As supplied by domain.com.au as at 18 November 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Westfield Innaloo/Stirling Shopping Centre
- Events Cinema Megaplex
- Stirling Community Centre – Innaloo
- Herdsman Lake
- Scarborough Beach
- Karrinyup Shopping Centre
- Stirling Civic Gardens
What’s in the pipeline?
The Westfield Innaloo shopping centre is set for an $830 million redevelopment to become Westfield Stirling. The redevelopment will incorporate the 14-screen Event Cinemas complex as well as major retailers and supermarkets. Once finished will be the biggest retail complex in Perth.
“The City of Stirling town centre is going to become a world-class lifestyle hub for Perth’s coastal and northern suburbs.” Says City of Stirling Mayor Giovanni Italiano.
To facilitate the increase in traffic to the new retail hub, the State Government has included a $60 million for an extension of Stephenson Avenue to the Mitchell Freeway. In addition, the State Government is planning to build a medium-density hub that includes 15 to 40 dwellings near the Stirling Train Station.
Innaloo is located in the City of Stirling and is serviced by the Mitchel Freeway, Scarborough Road, Karrinyup Road and Cedric Street.
- 15 minute drive to Perth CPD.
- Local bus services are available to Stirling Train Station and bus port.
- Stirling Train Station is on the Joondalup train line and provides direct service to Perth CBD and other stops along the Mitchell Freeway.
- Yuluma Primary School
- St Dominic’s School
- Independent Youth – 22.3%
- Maturing & Established Independence – 15.9%
- Elderly Singles – 13.2%
- Older Independents – 11.4%
- Average Age: 20 – 39
- Home Owners: 59%
- Renters: 41%
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 18 November 2019.
At Benchmark, we have been providing specialist property management services for properties north of the river for over 12 years. Located in Joondalup, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, go here to see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading Innaloo property management companies in Perth.