Joondalup Suburb Report
Joondalup is one of Perth’s major urban hubs with its own CBD and home to one of the largest shopping precincts in Perth making it a popular location for many different demographics.
Situated 25km’s north of the Perth CBD with its own train station and easy access to the freeway, getting to Perth takes only around 20 minutes for local residents.
Joondalup’s CBD offers a combination of culture, entertainment and commercial areas built on the edge of Lake Joondalup. Local residents have access to a variety of restaurants and cafes as well as a major shopping centre with over 240 stores.
Locals also have easy access to a private hospital, a number of recreational facilities, Edith Cowan University (ECU) and a host of quality schools including Joondalup Primary School and Lake Joondalup Baptist College.
Over the past 5 years capital growth has been minimal however with a host of facility and infrastructure improvements on the horizon, this city centre could start to provide more attraction for shopping, leisure, living, and employment which will help to attract new people and assist in the areas growth.
Joondalup Property Market
- Capital growth in the median house price in Joondalup fell by 5% over the last 12 months (reported to the period ending June 2019, data may change retrospectively).
- Average annual growth rate is -2.3% (over last 5 years).
- There were 75 houses sales in Joondalup in 2019, down from 91 in 2018.
- The median house price as at September 2019 is $489,000.
- Total population: 9,092 (Census 2016, ABS).
- Population growth rate between 2011 and 2016 fell by 1% (Census 2016, ABS).
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and CoreLogic as at 1 October 2019.
- Average rent: $360.
- Gross rental yield: 4.05%.
- Average three bedroom rent: $350.
- Average four bedroom rent: $400.
- Rental vacancy rate: 3.75%.
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and realestateinvestor.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
- Median house price: $489,000.
- Median three bedroom house price: $435,000.
- Median four bedroom house price: $505,000.
*As supplied by reiwa.com.au and realestate.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
Nearby Attractions and Amenities
- Lakeside Joondalup Shopping Centre.
- Joondalup Train Station.
- ECU’s Joondalup Campus.
- Joondalup Health Campus.
- The Arena Sports Complex.
- Neil Hawkins Park.
- Yellagonga Regional Park.
- Minutes from Burns Beach and Beaumaris Beach.
What’s in the pipeline?
Joondalup is a city set to grow and become a vibrant community hub for locals with a number of big projects in the pipeline that could help to support job growth and engage more people to live and work around the city’s boundaries.
- A new marina project at Ocean Reef with residential and retail hubs is underway.
- An eight-storey commercial development on Davidson Terrace opened in 2019 that will house 800 government workers.
- Plans are in motion for Boas Place – an integrated mixed-use development that will be located in the local CBD.
- The state government has committed $800,000 to foster Joondalup as a hub for digital innovation.
- Joondalup Health Campus is adding 300 beds and will become WA’s largest hospital.
- Yanchep rail extension will deliver the last proposed section of the Joondalup Line from Butler 14.5km north to Yanchep with works expected to commence late 2019.
* As supplied by watoday.com.au and metronet.wa.gov.au
Joondalup is located in the City of Joondalup, served by Mitchell Freeway and the Joondalup railway line.
- 24 minute drive to Perth CPD.
- Local bus services are available to Joondalup Train Station.
- Joondalup is one of three urban precincts to have free CAT bus services that travel to Lakeside Joondalup Shopping Centre, Joondalup Health Campus, Edith Cowan University and various stops around the CBD.
- Just a short drive to nearby suburbs including, Edgewater, Currambine, Connolly, Heathridge, Neerabup and Wanneroo.
Joondalup is home to some of Perth’s most significant schools and tertiary institutions in its central business district and surrounding suburbs.
- Joondalup Education Support Centre.
- Joondalup P.S.
- Lake Joondalup Baptist College
- Lake Joondalup Pre-School.
- Joondalup TAFE.
- Edith Cowan University.
- Currambine Catholic Primary School (Currambine).
- Prendiville Catholic College (Ocean Reef).
- St Simon Peter Catholic Primary School (Ocean Reef).
- Mater Dei College (Edgewater).
- Lake Joondalup Baptist Primary School (Joondalup).
- Lake Joondalup Baptist.
- Established Couples & Families 19.8%
- Independent Youth 17.9%
- Older Couple & Families 16.7%
- Average Age: 20 – 39
- Home Owners: 58%
- Renters: 42%
*As supplied by realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as at 1 October 2019.
At Benchmark, we have over 12 years’ experience with property management in Joondalup and suburbs north of the river. Located on Davidson Terrace in Joondalup, our specialist team concentrate 100% on property management, ensuring our time is solely dedicated to taking care of you and your portfolio of properties.
If you’re looking for a dedicated property manager that can help you navigate the market with peace of mind and without the stress, go here for a free Joondalup property management consultation and see why our clients benchmark us as one of the leading Joondalup property management companies in Perth.